Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Re-Discovering a Hidden Gem

Today I discovered – re-discovered, actually – the most wonderful blog on the internet. I actually stumbled across it about a year ago or so, but at the time I did not really realize what it was that I had found. And then today, somewhat out of boredom, I re-visited this site and took the time to really read it. Wow!

It is extinct now – the owner no longer seems to be blogging -- but that doesn’t really matter. There is plenty of back-log to keep me occupied for quite some time. The blog is so rich, that I can only read a little in one sitting.

Reading the blog has been a humbling experience. Even as I type my reaction to it here on my own blog, I find my thoughts disjointed – and pretty feeble. I seem to be unable to put together a coherent, logical, progressive reaction. But then, maybe I should not even try. Maybe everything I have ever tried to do has been too logical, too measured, too calculated. Every song I have ever written has been too planned, too structured and far, far too restrained.

There is a good deal of personal irony in reading this blog. I am going to be very cryptic and evasive here – I am going to try to be as clear as I can be without being really clear at all. How can I put this? I had once written a song about another experience similar to my discovery today in which I expressed a particular sentiment. It turns out that sentiment, that hope, that desire, was far truer than I could have known. And, I now wish it had not been so.

Oh well … what can I say? I need to do something different. I am going to start by spending some time with a really, really cool blog.

(Oh, and just in case you were wondering -- No, I am not going to tell you where it is or how to find it or any such thing. I'm just not sure how the author would feel about that. Sorry.)

No comments: