Monday, October 6, 2008

Slow Time For Bloggers

It has been quite a while since I have posted anything on this blog. I was starting to feel a bit guilty about that. By starting this blog, I had created in myself a sense of responsibility to keep it going and to try to post interesting (??) things from time to time. Obviously, I have not been upholding my part of the bargain.

But then, I took a quick look around and found that the malaise that I am experiencing seems to be epidemic. There are six blogs that I follow on a somewhat regular basis. One of them has not posted anything since Agust 31, and that is the most recent of the six. Another posted an OLD joke on August 28. My most reliable fellow blogger -- the one who actually inspired me to pursue this project in the first place -- has not posted anything since August 11, and that was a cartoon that I submitted to the blogger. To find the blog's last original post, I have to go back to August 2. Two other blogs that I follow have not posted since July 31 and July 20. And, sadly, the most active blogger of all completely closed up shop.

So, I am feeling a bit less guilty. Even if I am merely recounting our lack of activity, at least that is a sort of activity in and of itself.

(I know, I know ... its a low-down sneaky trick, but deperate times call for desperate measures!)

No comments: